THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Monday, September 28, 2009

My Captive Audience

I've been cruising the blogging world today and I have discovered one very important fact; there are a lot of talented people who should be discovered. Gone are the days when pioneers had only their children and distant neighbors whose infrequent visits offered stolen moments of story-telling bliss. I wonder if some of those children and distant neighbors ever felt as if they were a 'Captive Audience' to the storytellers?
I remember my gramma' and my mama telling the stories they thought up on the spur of the moment. My brothers and I often tried to pull them away from their many chores for storytime.
I have been very blessed that in recent years, most of what I do is write. My good husband knows how I love to craft words and he graciously affords me the opportunity to do just that. With my wonderful computer and the internet, I can pretend that all the world is listening in to what I say. Look out, World! Whether you know it or not, you are my 'Captive Audience.' If you are reading this, I thank you with a Big Hug. If you haven't discovered me, yet, you just haven't realized your part in the equation and I look forward to meeting you when you do. Keep looking. You'll find me.

2 comments:

Kristi Faith said...

You are lucky, indeed. How wonderful to have such a creative family to indulge your imagination! Thanks for making me smile today :)

Yaya' s Home said...

Thank you, Kristi. I feel very fortunate to be in a family with so many creative people. We all seem to 'feed' off of each other's ideas and it can get really fun, at times.
I'm so glad you were able to enjoy my words. Thanks for stopping by. ~ Yaya

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!