THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Saturday, November 20, 2010

We Have Squatters!

     Cats!  Ya' gotta' love 'em.  Here I am, with four beautiful cats; perfectly capable of livin' off the land, so to speak.  Well, there is that one cat who lost her back foot in a mowing accident (lotsa' tractors where I live), so I guess I don't have four WHOLE cats, but they are still capable little critters.  So, how's come I've got so many mice in the house, all of a sudden?

     Oh, sure; I realize that the weather is takin' a turn for the Chilly an' I'm fully aware that mice do not have thick coats to protect 'em from the cold.  Still, this is MY house an' I have NEVER invited mice to visit... much less, LIVE in MY house.  Therefore, I consider 'em to be squatters.  In the old days, or so I've heard, squatters were run off by the land owners.  Okay, minor technicality; we don't own the land.  We rent.  I'm sure, though, that there must be some kinda' renter's clause that allows us to evict squatters.  Anyway, whether there's a clause or not, I'm prepared to do damage to the intruders.  Mice are definitely NOT summa' my favorite people. An' now, it's time to say Goodbye.

     Aha!  One 'uh those intruders has taken the bait.  Haha!  He's outa' here.  Neener, neener.  An' actually, guess what?  I kinda' think he was the only squatter in the place.  There seemed to be evidence that it was the same four-legged dude who was checkin' out the whole house.  I think we've WON!  No more squatters, no more little surprises, no more questions 'bout whether we have the right to evict intruders.  That ol' boy is GONE!  Haha!

     Now, about that herd of cats who shoulda' kept the mouse away.  I think it's time to give 'em the look of, "Let's get with the picture, a'ready.  You're s'posed to be Mousers.  So MOUSE!"

     I think that should take care of it.  I'll keep you posted on the mousing situation.  In the meantime, I'm really glad to know that our biggest scoundrel is outta' commission.  Life is back to... good.  I'm a happy camper.

     Until the next time, keep a hug on.


 ~Yaya

6 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

Ohhhhh....really hate those mice!! I have one cat who will go after them and one that will just stare at them and consider how much work it would take to actually catch them.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Yaya .. I guess 'dem Mousers are all moused up and so well fed a la carte a la Yaya .. 'dat dey feel .. hey diddle diddle for now.

But de mice .. p'rhaps it portends a cold winter?

I hope they can find a warm nest elsewhere nearby .. enjoy the purring near whole four cats! Cheers Hilary

Anonymous said...

I had a cat with one leg. Lucy, she was awesome. A great micer even after she lost her leg. I hope there was only one. Good luck!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

I'm glad your squatters are gone. My cat is a good mouse catcher, so we seldom see one.

Cinette said...

I have no problem with mice in the barn or in the haystack, but in the house or garage - let's just say I'm territorial;-)

Yaya' s Home said...

Usually, Betty, alla' my cats are great mousers. I dunno' what the pro'lem is, lately. I think it might be Pay-Back for us bein' gone for so long. LOL

I'm afraid you might be right, Hilary; it promises to be a cold, cooooold winter. They STILL can't live in MY house. LOL

Stumble, our three-legged cat, is actually a very good mouser, T. I think alla' the cats have gone on strike or sumpin', though. How'd your cat lose three of her legs? An' she was still a good mouser? Wow!

Bev, until this recent invasion, we only had two cats EVER in our house. That's on accounta' our cats are usually really good at catchin' mice. Either they've all lost their memories or, they're payin' us back for bein' gone. I'm hopin' things will get back to normal, soon.

I'm with you, Cinette; barn, haystack, field... those are okay. But my house an' garage are off-limits. The sooner they realize that, the better off we ALL are.

Thank you all for stoppin' by. I've enjoyed visiting with you.

~ Yaya

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!