THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Do You Have A Dream?

     Have you ever been so wrapped up in a dream that you could think of almost nuthin' else?  Has hope and anticipation ever eaten at you in such a way as to become a complete distraction in all other areas of your life?  Well, I have and to tell you the truth, its not that much fun.

     Since I was very small, I have wanted to live in the country and experience those things that most people pro'lly don't even think about.  Or maybe they do and I'm just so wrapped up in my own dream that I don't notice how intently others are wishing for the same thing.  I recall once when I was about five years old, I was crying over some deep desire to live in the country.  My dad laughed at me 'cause I wanted the log cabin, the horses, cows, chickens and a garden.  In short, I wanted it all.

     Curiously, up until that time in my life, I had only lived in the country for about one year and that was when I was only three.  Naturally, that particular taste of country livin' had absolutely none of the qualities that I have come to recognize as true country livin'.  In the first place, we were living in Pensacola, Florida and although I am sure there are farmers and ranchers in every state, somehow my vision of farm living has never centered itself anywhere in Florida.  I've lived in that state several times, actually, but country living is certainly not the first, second or even, third image that comes to mind when I think of Florida.

     In the second place, in my mind anyway, sand, sand and more sand do not a farm make.  Thus, the Stuck-Out-In-The-Middle-Of-Nowhere place called country where we lived could hardly be called country livin'.  So, where did I acquire this deep desire to live on a farm and taste country livin'?  I'm not sure.  P'rhaps its some deep-seeded carry-over from before I was born; I dunno.  At any rate, even though I have on two different occasions experienced the joy of true country livin', it is not out of my system.  I still want it.

     Do you have a dream you've been harboring for many years; one that just won't let you go?  I sincerely hope you are blessed with the fulfillment of your dream.  It seems that dreams are the basis for extreme joy or endless heartache; sometimes, both at the same time.  But don't give up on your dream.  I certainly haven't given up on mine.  Someday, maybe we'll meet and we can share how happy we were when we woke up and discovered our dreams were fulfilled.

     Until the next time, keep a hug on.

 ~ Yaya

4 comments:

katlupe said...

I grew up in the country in FL as well as NY state, but wanted to comment on the fact that many people don't see FL as a farming state. The area I lived in (Putnam County), there were many fruits and vegetable type farms, but also cattle. FL is considered 8th in beef cattle production. You have to get away from the cities and tourist areas to see it though.....what I call the real FL! I am almost living my dream..........it is worth it to try to follow your dreams, life is too short not to try.

Yaya' s Home said...

Yes, I lived in Florida enough times and in enough places that I was well-aware of the farming areas. Somehow, it just never Took in my mind as farm country or something. I actually lived there about seventeen different times, but I think the idea that it is snowbird country and beach heaven tends to stick with a person more readily.

I agree with you about living the dream. Do you live on a farm, then?

~ Yaya

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

You have such a cute blog! We all need encouragement to fly towards our dreams! Thanks!

Lee Ann

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Goodness. Now you've made me think.

Not a farm, not for me. But I do think I'd like to live in an urban loft someday. Have no car or yard. Walk places and buy flowers from a street vendor.

I am lucky, though. My important dreams have been fulfilled. A loft life would be nice, but I'm happy just loving and being loved and enjoying good health.

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!