THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Mother's Gentle Touch

     I stepped out onto the front porch this evening and was met with the most beautiful sound.  A gentle breeze seemed to add to that which played Mother Nature's music just for me.  I'm sure you know what I'm talking about; rain.  Beautiful, gentle, sweet-smellling rain.

     We've been having so much wind lately that I alost forgot how amazing it is to just be able to stand still and listen... to the quiet.  There's something about being able to listen, without the intrusion of loud noises.  I feel as if it really is a little piece of Heaven.

     Do you ever feel that way?  Does the rain bring out special emotions that you can only feel when the gentle droplets are falling?  I always feel as if Mother Nature is paying me a special visit, just me, when the rain and wind are so soft upon the leaves and grass.  I can feel the touch of her gentle hug.  I hope she knows how much I appreciate these visits.

     Its as though she is seeking a place to sit and be quiet for awhile.  Well, she's always welcome to come and sit with me.  Until the next time, keep a hug on.

 ~ Yaya

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post & yes, I can agree with you!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Kelly Polark said...

I do sometimes like the soft pitter patter of rain!
With small children though, thunder and loud winds means a crowded bed at night!

Bossy Betty said...

Love the sound of rain--it is so peaceful! Thanks for the reminder of the beauty of nature today.

Yaya' s Home said...

Thank you, Marilyn. I do love the songs that Mother Nature plays.

Hi Kelly. The best thing about this rain was the lack of wind, actually. Well, not so much the lack of it as it was just a gentle breeze; no lightning, no thunder.

Me too, Betty. And I don't even mind Sheet Lightning; it sort of adds to the magic, don't you think?

~ Yaya

Vickie said...

I love the rain! It sort of puts an ease to my day.

Anonymous said...

I love the sounds of nature and especially the rain :) I think rain kinda slows life down abit. Suddenly you feel the pace of your day slow and I become more aware of everything going on around me.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I love the soft gentle spring rains. The smell is just beautiful, too. We like to sit on our balcony and just listen also.
Beautiful post.

Yaya' s Home said...

If rain fell like that all the time, I would prob'ly live out of doors. It is so calming.

~ Yaya

Retro Girl said...

We've been having very high howling winds all day. Has made our dog so restless. I miss the peaceful quiet, and yes, the rain. What a beautiful post!

Kristi Faith said...

I love the way you express through words. So beautiful!

Bibliobabe said...

What a wonderful first post for me to read on our blog! I could use one of those moments right now.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Rachelle (Bibliobabe)

Trac~ said...

Thanks for stopping by and becoming a new follower. I am now a new follower of yours as well. I LOVE the rain and especially if it is falling on a tin roof! :o) Have a great day my new friend! I can't wait to read and catch up on your blog. xoxoxo

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Great post! I love the sound of rain. There's nothing I enjoy more than laying in bed while listening to the rain fall. It's so serene - definitely my happy place!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Lovely post, Joany! I'm looking forward to a day of rain, hopefully no tornados or hail. It was super windy yesterday. I sat on my porch holding on tightly to my research. :)

Hema Penmetsa said...

That was a beautiful post, Yaya -- right in line with that gentle rain you alluded to. For me, when I see a huge tree that has new, bright green leaves and is swaying with reckless abandon in the evening's watery sunlight -- that's when I count my blesings to be where I am.

Wanda said...

Ah..yes...a soft rain beats SNOW (%^&#$^&!!)which is what we had here this week. Wha!??

The beautiful sun came back though. Hope it's shining for you today too.

Cindy Haskin-Popp said...

I feel that way too, especially during a snowfall. I love the stillness and comfort that a blanket of snow provides. Thank you for providing me with a bit of peace that reading your post brought to me.

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!