THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back in the day...

     Do you ever wonder about your spouse's past?  Do you sometimes wish you knew more about him or her?  On occasion, I am blessed to hear some of the stories from my good hubby-buddies life, before I was his Significant Other.  I enjoy these times, as he had some interesting adventures and his storytelling talents can be quite entertaining.  Some of my favorites have to do with his time spent in the military.

     Now, you have to understand that when I met my good hubby-buddy, he looked to be about twelve years old, so its difficult for me to imagine what he must have looked like at eighteen.  I've seen a couple of pictures of him in his uniform and I'm here to tell you, I wouldn't have let him out of the back yard, much less into the military.  But someone must have believed him when he said he was old enough because he spent four years in the Navy and several more years as a civilian, before I even met him.

     As I listen to him talk about the days aboard ship, I often wonder if there were others like him who didn't look old enough to be out of middle school.  The night I met him, I convinced myself that he had to be at least eighteen years old because the church party we were attending was for those who were eighteen and older.  In my heart, though, I was pretty sure he had sort of crashed the party.  I'm happy to report that I later learned that he was thinking the same of me.

     You know, I sort of miss those days when I didn't look my age.  *sigh*  Until the next time, keep a hug on.

 ~ Yaya

11 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I've always enjoyed hearing about The Source's past because it's always a history lesson.

:)

He is a bit older.......

Mary said...

I learn something new about my husband at least once a month, and we've been married for almost 26 years!

Anonymous said...

My Hubby & I were High School Sweethearts. We weren't old enough to have a past!! LOL!!
Love,
Marilyn

Andrea said...

Precious post!
Blessings, andrea

Debbie said...

I met my husband 26 years ago. Mostly, it doesn't seem that long at all. But then there are other days.......LOL!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

It is rare now to hear something that I don't know about, I have known him for over 35 years. All of his mother's stories involve injuries he sustained. Wow, I never realized that until right now. All of her memories are of injuries or something he did that annoyed her. Wonder what that means?

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love hubby stories. Of course, my hubby has such a great long term memory that I hear them alot. Some of them are the type that you say to yourself, "and you lived through that".

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I continue to run into someone in Tinytown who has a new story to spill about Hubby back in the ornery days. We never go to my hometown! Heeehehe! I'll keep my secrets...thank you!

Have a beautiful day filled with sunny blessings!!!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Since my hubby and I have been married 53 years I think I know just about all of his stories. Of course, I could be wrong. :)

Enjoyed reading your post.

Lifeofkaylen said...

This is so true--sometimes you can know someone for AGES and just hear something they say casually and wonder, "how did I never know about this???"

Tina T said...

I could very much relate to this post. My husband was in the Navy on a sub. I have heard most of his stories, but every now and then he'll mention one that I've never heard. We've been married for 16 years, but there are times when we still manage to discover something new about each other.

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!