THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Friday, April 16, 2010

Yay! Tax Day Is Over And We Have A Winner!

     Did'ja' ever think this day would finally arrive?  April 16th; the day after Tax Day.  We should have some kind of celebration to mark this time, each year.  You know, sort of a We Survived Tax Day celebration.  I mean, think about it; every year, there are thousands of people who are thankful that the US Post Office keeps some of its stations open until midnight.  At least, that's how it seems to me.  Otherwise, why would there be so many who stand in line at the Post Office so late, right?

     I imagine there will be some who, due to the stress of Tax Day, will also find it necessary to miss work or school; college students, children of taxpayers, you get the idea.  All in all, I believe that most American adults dread this particular day in the year.  On the other hand, there are some who have been looking forward with a great deal of anticipation to Tax Day, 2010.

     That's right; anxiously awaiting Tax Day to learn the results of our drawing.  Well, the final outcome has been decided and I am happy to say that we do, indeed, have a winner.  Thank you all for sharing in the fun.  I have contacted the winner for her mailing address and these wonderful books will be mailed out by the author, Donna N. Aviles, soon.

     Congratulations goes to Sharon Mayhew for winning the drawing.  I know you are gonna' enjoy these books very much, Sharon.  I'm into my third time reading them, myself.  It is remarkable what some of these children who traveled on the Orphan Trains had to endure.  Donna's books, 'FLY LITTLE BIRD, FLY,' 'BEYOND THE ORPHAN TRAIN' and 'PEANUT BUTTER FOR CUPCAKES' can be found at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble and many other book stores.  Or, you can order them directily from Donna, here.  Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

     Since I didn't want anyone to feel left out of the celebration, I will be posting a word puzzle, using some of the information from the books, tomorrow.  I do hope you will all be here to enjoy it.  I certainly enjoy creating these puzzles and I hope you have as much fun as I do.

     Again, I want to thank everyone who participated and invite you back tomorrow for the game.  Until then, keep a hug on.

 ~ Yaya

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the winner!!
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who wait until the last min. to get their taxes filed!! It isn't like it is a surprise every year.......LOL!!
Have A Wonderful Weekend!!
Love,
Marilyn

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Congratulations, Sharon!!

Bossy Betty said...

I think have a day of celebration after Tax Day is a great idea! How about "Relax Day"? It could work!

Valerie said...

Thanks for the BF follow!

Deborah said...

Thanks for the BF follow also. My oldest son was born on tax day so I never forget when his birthday is. :D We always file ours the first week in February and by the middle we have the wonderful refund. Yaaay for refunds!! I like your blog and will be back. Congrats Sharon.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Thank you so much, Joany! I'm so excited about winning these books. When I was in SD I read about the Orphan Train, but there weren't any books left at either store I saw signs about them. Thanks for the link to Donna's blog too. :)

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!