THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Thursday, April 1, 2010

What Day Are You Ready For?

Are you ready for Easter? Last year, about this time, I seem to recall that Easter showed up and I wasn't quite ready. Well, now I've had a whole year to prepare. Twelve long months since Easter last year. I'm sure you'd like to know how things are going, so I don't wanna' keep you waiting for the results. Not good.

Have you ever noticed how holidays just keep comin' 'round, month after month after year? It seems to me that we no more than celebrate one holiday and another is just waiting in line to jump on the bandwagon. It starts with the New Year, ringing out the old and ringing in the new. Next, Valentine's Day is ready and waiting to spread the joy of love. With March, there's that wonderful day of green; St. Paddy's Day. Then comes Easter and every single month, it seems, another holiday jumps in to cause still more chaos.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love holidays. They keep life interesting and exciting. But they also tend to keep me a little bit on the disorganized side. How do so many people manage to stay on top of everything?

I have a friend who decorates for everything. Its so cool to see her house all decorated for every single occasion. But that's not all. She has a calendar that she keeps current to tell what day it is. Sound familiar? No, no. Not that kind of a calendar. Her calendar tells her when its National Cotton Candy Day, for instance. Did you even know there was a National Cotton Candy Day? No? Me, neither.

Do you know what today is? April Fool's Day? Yes, you're right. But do you know what else is celebrated on the 1st of April? International Tatting Day! Do you know how to tat? I've tried to learn and, every once in awhile, I pull out my Tatting Shuttle and have another go at it. So far, nothing has changed; I still don't know how to tat.

And I don't know how my friend is so up-to-date on every single event. Did you know there are at least two events for every day of the year? I'm still trying to catch up on Christmas, 1975 and here it is, Easter, 2010! How do you keep up? Or, are you in the same boat I'm in? Please tell. Its almost Easter and I'm still not ready.

Until the next time, keep a hug on.

~ Yaya

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tatting is something I have always admired & I love to "find" pieces of it at Flea Markets & Antique Stores but I have never mastered it!!
Have a wonderful Easter Weekend!!
Love,
Marilyn
((HUGS))

Kristi Faith said...

LOL I saw tatting and thought of tattoos...it's time for me to get another one. :0)

Yes, I noticed the holidays this year had no mercy and arrived regardless of my preparation or not. How rude!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I have to admit, I saw tatting and thought tattoo also.

I just wish mother nature would get over her PMS and let it be nice instead of snowy. I have a Easter Egg hunt planned for the grandkids.

Cristin said...

I thought of tattoos too! And how much I'd like another to add to my collection.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Many, many moons ago my Granny Walden taught me how to tat. She made beautiful collars for my dresses.

God bless and have yourself the best day!!!

Lauren Thomas said...

Try http://holidays.net
It tells the random holiday for every day! Love it!

Ganeida said...

I actually know what tatting is ~ not that I can do it. Holidays are welcome but what's with all the work getting attached to them? My life's frantic enough. Blessings.

Bonni said...

Thanks for the laughs! I also read 'tattoos' :( My dreams of the perfectly coordinated Easter table aren't going to happen! All of a sudden I'm out of time!

Gutsy Living said...

Great blog. I do not spend much time worrying about holidays, as I'm originally from Europe and find that too much is for commercial purposes in the U.S. I just celebrate the important ones to my family and me.

Jude said...

I did holidays when my Son was small and we do certain ones with the Grandkids, but certainly don't go over board with any of them.

Tricia said...

I am loving your blog! I will be back later to read more! Blessings to you and yours.

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!