THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Friday, January 8, 2010

Am I Normal?

     I like to read.  Do you like to read?  If I were to make a guess at how many books I've read in my life, I would prob'ly hafta' say at least two or maybe even, three.  Nah!  I really couldn't begin to make a guess, since I've read nearly every book I own and pretty-much all those I've given away.  There are some 2500 to 3,000 books that I own and at least that many, twice-over that I've sent to new homes.  Besides, my name is indelibly printed on many records in many libraries throughout our great country, so rather than guessing, I'll let you do the math.

     Having said alla' that, I've gotta' follow through by sharing what I believe are some of the best hours of my life.  Of course, Janette Oke and I have become quite well-acquainted through her amazing story-telling abilities.  Well, that is to say, she is deeply-imbedded in my heart.  There's just the slightest chance that she may have never heard of me, though.  Hmmmm.  I can't imagine why someone of such talent wouldn't have heard of me, of course, but you never know.

     A number of writer's who have contributed to the Christian Romance Market have shared my life and received emotional fanfare as a result.  I wish I had the time to name all of them, but I'm afraid you would be reading clear into next week and beyond, if I tried.  Janette Oke was the one who introduced me to that market, so naturally, I have read nearly all of her books more than once.  I've also read many other authors' books more than once.  When I find a book I like, I tend to wear it out.  There are some books I have had to replace a couple of times.  I'd much rather read than eat.

     Actually, I don't read books written for adults very often.  That is, unless you count Reference Books.  Those, I devour.  Most of my reading time is spent with picture books and those written for the under-twelve age group.  Of course, if you've been here before, you've heard me talk about the humor that is Junie B. Jones.  Perhaps you've heard of her mother, writer, creator?  If you want to laugh until you cry, read some of the books about that little Kindergartner.  My good husband and I have read a couple of her books and spent a good while together, laughing ourselves silly.  Did I mention that we're too poor for dates, these days?

     One of the authors whose books I never tire of is Barbara Brooks Wallace.  I often say I don't care for mystery, but this lady has captured me as a lifetime follower.  Of course, she writes for the older-younger set, but you know, they're still a very enjoyable read for many adults I know.  Books such as Peppermints In The Parlor seem to have enough of the old Nancy Drew mystery with a splash of Alfred Hitchcock thrown in that I keep returning, as do several other adults I know.

     Since it is not my purpose to make this post terribly long, I'd just like to leave you with the idea that if you have limited yourself to adult reading, especially mystery or blood, guts and gore, I think you've short-changed yourself.  Step out and see what some of the kids are reading.  You just may be glad you did.  Then, again, maybe I've just never grown up.  Whaddya' think?  I hope I'll see you in the next kids' book.  Until then, keep a hug on.

Yaya

4 comments:

debi9kids said...

LOVED this post. I just sat here smiling the whole time. Nice to "meet" another person with a huge passion for reading like me :)

LOVE Junie B Jones! We actually bought the first 10 books on CD and when we take long drives with the kids, we listen to it. They are fantastic and always leave us all laughing.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I used to collect children's books. It comes from being a mom and having read them over and over again, I guess. I've given hundreds to my daughter for her classroom library...when she has one. She begins graduate studies in 10 days!

I've hung onto all of Dr. Seuss, all of Nancy Drew, all of my Christmas books, a pop-up book collection that I treasure and some others here and there.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I love to read and will read just about anything, so I can have so much fun reading with my grandchildren. My 14 year old grandson and I like mysteries and love to chat about the books we read!

Scientific Housewife said...

I read as much as I can and wish I owned that many books. I get into phases where I will read a bunch of non-fiction science books and then want to read romance.

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!