THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

In Flight

     Welcome back.  I'm so glad you stayed for the whole flight.  If you arrived today and don't know what's about to happen, you may want to check out the details, here: Flying and writing and dancing

     Now, before we get started, I'd just like to make sure that everyone is comfy and cozy.  Do you each have your snack of choice?  And how about the children?  I know there are a variety of children, including offspring and a furry assortment, as well.  I trust you've taken advantage of the seating so all the children can look out the window while we fly?  Alrighty, then.  Let's check out why I am so thrilled to be a writer.  And with that... weeeeee're OFF!!!  Please keep your hands inside at all times.

     A couple of days ago, I had the very pleasant experience of being interviewed and I'm here to tell you, I didn't know what to expect.  For starters, I was pretty sure I would throw up during the process and never be invited back again.  My next thought was that I might possibly cause both of us to never want to be involved in anything even remotely akin to an interview, again.  To say I was nervous might give you a slight hint as to my overall emotions.

     However, if you will look out your window, you'll notice that we are now flying directly over the home of Claudsy's Blog, where I was treated to a most enjoyable time.  Claudsy was very professional and managed to help me through this, my first interview, as a writer.  Read what a gracious hostess Claudsy was and learn of not only my own life as a writer, but other writers, as well.  If you aspire to be published, may I suggest you visit Claudsy's Blog often and avail yourself of some of the fine points that have brought her to the success she has achieved as a writer.  You won't be sorry you did.

     Oh, and I forgot to mention that, today, Claudsy interviewed someone whom I admire very much, Jan Fields.  Jan is not only a very successful author, but is an Instructor at the Institute of Children's Literature.  Again, if you have not checked out this fine school and you wish to be published, be sure to look into it.  I am a student, so I am speaking from experience.  As well as writing and teaching, it may interest you to know that Jan is also the moderator at the Children's Writer's Retreat where I have found many other writers and the encouragement to become confident and move forward in my writing career.  I do hope you will take the time to visit there, also.

     Before returning to Yaya's Changing World, I thought you might all like to take a bit of a detour and see our Big Blue Planet from space.  Of course, right now, a great portion of our planet is covered in white, so the effect may not be quite as spectacular as, say, in the fall.  Still, I think our home is quite lovely, don't you?

     I do hope you have all enjoyed our trip, today.  How was your first flight in a Little Red Wagon?  And were you as thrilled with your first Whirly-Floops and Back-Sassy Bounces as I was, the first time I flew?  Be sure to head on over to the Red Wagon Flights and join in the fun over there.  Or, maybe you'd like to fly with me while I return the Little Red Wagon?

     Thank you all for coming to Yaya's Changing World and helping me to celebrate my very first interview as a professional author.  I do hope you will return to Yaya's Changing World often and join me in other adventures.  Tomorrow, I'll be sharing my good news from Mommy Tantrums.  Hope you'll be here.  Until then, be sure to keep a hug on.

Yaya

4 comments:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Nice flight. Great service. Cool movie. Smooth landing.

I do believe I'll be back tomorrow!

PJ said...

Hey Yaya! Cute article! If she is the same person I'm thinking about, I've had the honor of being acquainted with Jan Fields. Does she write for Associated Content. com as well? I've written 3 articles for them and I believe she was one of the contributors who left very sweet and supportive comments for me. I also enjoy Little Red Wagon Flights. Just Joany is really sweet.

Thank you for your comment on my post. I always thought as long as I "worked" outside the home, it would hurt my hubby to help with the housework. When he was younger he did do dishes once in awhile and take out the trash. When I "quit" working at a "regular" job, (9-5), he quit helping. He thought I should have plenty of time on my hands to clean. (I started cleaning houses for extra money). Now it's just a habit. He cleans his 2 rooms about every couple of months, (he gets mad if I move anything in them), and cooks sometimes. That is the extent of his helping with housework. I guess I should be happy he's doing that.

You could have said it better about loving each other. That is one of God's commandments. I try to remember this commandment and also the statement that Jesus made about forgiving. He said " Our father cannot forgive us if we do not forgive others. Ever since I read that it has stuck with me. Those 2 ideas sum up what we are supposed to do for harmony. I wish all people could understand this.

Love ya bunches!

PJ

Jenny said...

Interesting post! I visited you from PJ's and I'll be back. Really great visualization!

Anonymous said...

Loved the flight! ;)

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!