THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Dying Man's Circus

     Do you like Trivia?  I really enjoy trivia and all the different angles it takes.  Did you know that there was once a man who, while spelunking, had a boulder fall on his leg and pin him in a cave for something like three weeks?  Its true.  While some few tried to rescue him (he refused to allow his leg to be removed to save his life), many others turned the event into a circus atmosphere and sold balloons, hot dogs and souvenirs.

     I have been looking for the book that tells about this.  It would prob'ly help if I knew the exact title, but all I can remember is that it is one of the many books of trivia that I own.  I believe it is also from the Old Farmer's Almanac collection of weird facts.  I am certain that it has found a secure place to tuck away inside my personal black-hole of confusion.  Hopefully, someday I will actually find the book again and share more of the story with you.  If, in the meantime, you happen to be one of those people who has seen or owns this book, I would dearly love it if you would email me with more information.  And thank you, in advance, if you will do that.

     I would like to say that I have come across the story of a man, Floyd Collins, whose telling sounds so similar that I think it must be one and the same.  But to be really honest, I wish I could find the book I first saw the story in because, as morbid as it may sound, I was far more intrigued by the way it was told in that book.

     To be sure, it is a very sad thing that happened and my heart goes out to this man, whenever I recall the event.  It must have been horrible for his family to know that he lay dying a slow, torturous death and there was nothing they could do to help him.  There is a place in my heart that hopes to meet him in the hereafter and give him a hug, just because my heart hurts so completely for him.

     Are there things you've heard that haunt you like this story haunts me?  I am drawn to trivia like the proverbial bee to honey.  I'd love to hear of trivia you know... it really does not have to be morbid... and I'm sure I'll be sharing more of my information with you, as well.

     Until the next time, keep a hug on.

Yaya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sad story.... How heartless of the people to make a circus event of it!! Interesting post!
**Smile**
Marilyn
xxoo

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!