THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Monday, January 18, 2010

I hope you'll understand

     I've been stressing for awhile, now and I'd like to beg your forgiveness.  Recently, four people were kind enough to pass awards to me and I was sooooo thrilled.  I love getting awards.  I love passing them on, even more.  However, I found myself totally overwhelmed by the enormity of the task.

     You see, when all four awards were added together, I was to pass them on to nearly fifty new people.  I didn't have any problem with that.  I find that all of you are amazing writers and, if I had my way, I'd give each and every one of you awards, many times over.

     The challenge is that giving out so many awards is very time-consuming.  I would take all the time needed for passing out awards, but my fear is that I will cause others the kind of stress that I have been feeling.

       Therefore, I'd like to to thank everyone who has given me an award and say that I have decided to respectfully become an award-free blog.  In that way, I will not be contributing to anyone else's stress.  I do hope you'll understand.

     For the purpose of time, I will post this message in each of my three blogs.  Thank you for understanding.

     As always, keep a hug on.

Yaya

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awards can take up a lot of time & be a lot of work. I reluctantly pass along a few awards & more often than not I don't. Most bloggers agree with you so don't feel bad. Just post on your blog a Thank You but you prefer to be an award-free blog!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Jenny said...

Well I have learned something new. I am not trying to throw a pity party by saying that,no, I have not received an award. But silly me I never really knew what they were all about. I guess I feel a ditz, thinking that there was some sort of "blog award" entity out there. Then I guess it is simply bloggers giving each other bloggy pats on the back. In that case it seems you have responded quite appropriately. I know as infrequently as I blog that posting itself can be time consuming (especially if you are like me and think there are so many entirely wonderful encouraging bloggers out there to keep up with).

Natalie said...

I totally agree, giving out awards is a stressful endeavor. Don't feel bad. :)

PJ said...

My main thing about the awards is I don't think there should be conditions put on them. I liked the one that was given to Yaya a while back (the Circle of Friends award) there was no stress to give it to anyone. It said it was for all her friends, so come and get it if you want. That way there were no conditions, and she didn't have to comment about it to anyone and so forth, but all in all, I agree about the award-free business, it takes more time for me to read my friends and followers blogs and prepare for my posts as it is. I imagine people probably appreciate the comments and showing you care by reading their posts than getting an award that really they have to "work" for. OK, I'm off my soap box. I hope that didn't sound harsh, I didn't mean it that way. I just like comments better than awards.

Love ya bunches!

PJ

PJ said...

Oops! I got sidetracked about the awards. I wanted to say thank you for your sweet comment Yaya! You always encourage me and lift me up! Thank you so much for being the person you are! Alex is getting a Grrrrrrrrreat mommy!

Love ya!

PJ

PJ said...

I agree about the awards. I really enjoy comments more than conditionalized awards. Don't get me wrong, I appreciated the ones which I got, but you are right about the time consumption. I am not very fast at this, so it takes me a long time to read the blogs of my friends and followers, not to mention commenting on each one and preparing my post. I love getting comments from all of you, so I feel I must comment to you also and that takes time. Albeit time well spent. I don't see anything wrong with awards if someone wants to make one up and give it to someone who they think is special, but not putting any conditions on it. Make it special for that ONE person. Anyway, I didn't mean to get on my soapbox, now you know why I don't twitter much! LOL! Yaya, thank you for your comment. You are always so encouraging and uplifting. Alex is getting a Grrrrrrreat mommy!

Love ya bunches!

PJ

Clementine said...

I think it's a great idea. As much fun as they are to receive, they take an enormous amount of time to post. I would much rather comment and/or read comments too!

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!