THE KIDS ON THE BLOGK

Teachers in control. Your worksheets. Your word games.

Teachers in control. Your worksheets.  Your word games.
Just what you've been looking for. With this program, you call the shots.

Thank you, but I am an Award-Free, Tag-Free Blog.

Thank you so much for caring. Instead of an award, won't you Follow an' share your comments? I'm truly glad you are here. ~ Yaya

My Free Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

An Elephant In The House

     Have you read The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo?  My good husband and I watched the interview with Kate, awhile back, and I determined to read the book.  I'm glad I did.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Found the plausibility of an elephant crashing through the roof of a building very strange, at first.  As I read, though, and the different parts of the story began to fall into place, it was amazing how willing I was to believe that exactly that had happened.  That an elephant had, in fact, come crashing through the roof and all of the amazing things that followed were natural results of such an occurrence.

     Will I read this book again?  I'm sure I will.  Will I be surprised by how things turn out?  You bet!  Kate DiCamillo has so cleverly weaved a tale of intrigue and fantasy that I'm sure this is a story that will be calling for me to return again and again.  If you enjoy getting lost in a story, I hope you'll take the time to lose yourself in this one, The Magician's Elephant.  Its worth the time and belief in the impossible to completely lose yourself in this one.  Great read!

     Keep a hug on.

Yaya

2 comments:

MeganRebekah said...

I've heard great things about this book. I'll need to check it out!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Have to give it a read!

Help! Help!

Help! Help!
Do you know Orealee Thompson?

Famous

NaNo Junky

NaNo Junky
I'm playing ~ ~ ~ are you?

Meta

Dear

http://Click Here!